This is a magazine cover for NME which we were asked to make using Original photography.
Firstly, The photo i took i choose to have my friend Josh sit on the floor and look up at the camera as it showed Direct Address and let you know who was going to be in the magazine. Also by him sitting down it gave the audience power and authority over the 'Indie Star'
Secondly,I used a skyline with a black background and white text as they contrast each other but also the brightly coloured magazine therefore making it stand out. The skyline also includes a Puff which gives the reader a reason to buy the magazine.
Thirdly, I included a recognizable Left Third putting the NME in the left corner so people can see which magazine it is easily.
Fourthly, I included some generic features of magazine such as a URL and a Barcode. I believe this gives the magazine a sense of realism and makes it look professional.
Penultimatly, I used a very colorful main text to show the audience what the artists style was but to also contrast the dark background. In the main text I also used a pun as his name is Josh Vile i believe that this was a successful way to portray my artiste using the main text.
Lastly, I used a screamer, which took the focus of the main text and gave the audience an idea of what else is inside.

No comments:
Post a Comment